Rules of the High School Students’ Competition Libsco / Strathena 2019
Interactive 4D and the “Fondation pour l’école” would like to encourage young people to take an interest in the company and discover their potential as strategists. To this end, they offer high school first grade students in France the opportunity to play the Strathena Business Strategy game, as part of a competition. The objectives of the organizers are to to identify and develop talent throughout France, without distinction as to their establishment of affiliation (public, private, generalist, professional).
Participation in the competition implies full and unreserved acceptance of these rules in their entirety, as deposited with SAS DARRICAU-PECASTAING, Huissiers de justice, located at 4 place Constantin Pecqueur, 75018 PARIS. These rules are available free of charge and in their entirety on https://strathena.fr/?lang=en et sur https://www.libsco.fr/concours-strathena during the entire duration of the competition.
– La société Interactive 4D (SARL INTERACTIVE 4D, numéro SIRET 449 332 808 00020, siège social : 19 rue de l’Hôtel des Postes, 06 000 Nice)
– La Fondation pour l’école, organizer of the Salon de la liberté pédagogique LIBSCO (Fondation pour l’école, Fondation reconnue d’utilité publique, siège social 43 rue du Colisée, 75008 Paris, SIRET 509 436 820 00013).
Name of the competition
High School Competition-Game Libsco/Strathena 2019
Duration and schedule of the competition
High school Competition Libsco/Strathena 2019 lasts from February 6, 2019 at midnight to April 6, 2019 at midnight.
Competition registrations are open from February 6, 2019 at midnight to March 18, 2019 at midnight.
The training phase of the competition, accessible to all high school students in a participating establishment, is open from February 6, 2019 at midnight to March 10, 2019 at midnight.
The qualification phase of the competition, accessible to the 3 best high school students from each participating school, is open from March 11, 2019 at noon to March 24, 2019 at midnight.
The announcement of the 4 finalist teams/establishments will take place no later than March 28, 2019.
The final phase of the competition will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2019 in Paris, at the Libsco fair.
The registration fees are set at €60 per participating school.
- Criteria for participating in the competition: only high school students attending public, private contractual or independent (non-contractual) public, private or independent schools in France in 2018-2019 are eligible to participate in the Strathena competition, whose final will take place in Paris XIIe at the Espace Charenton on April 6, 2019 as part of LIBSCO, the “Salon de la liberté pédagogique” fair. There is no age criteria. High school first grade students in all general, technological or vocational sections are admitted to the competition without distinction.
- Choices of participants : The establishments are invited to offer their students in the first grade to participate in this competition on a voluntary basis. At the end of the training phase, only 3 players per school will be able to participate in the qualification phase and, if necessary, in the final phase.
- The registrations are online and are open from February 6, 2019 at midnight, for a fee of 60€, to be paid online via the website www.libsco.fr/concours-strathena. This registration gives the right for each establishment to:
a. the participation of as many students as desired for the training phases of the competition,
b. the participation of its 3 best players for the competition phase,
c. the participation in the live final at Libsco if necessary,
d. the transfer of image rights for the report on the Libsco fair and participation in the television show, if applicable. By ticking the box provided for this purpose on the website, each participant confirms that they have read and accepted the rules. To participate, the minor must obtain the prior authorization of his legal representatives, who will also have accepted these rules. The participation in the competition of a minor makes it presume the existence of obtaining the prior written consent of his legal representatives. The organisers reserve the right to request proof of this authorisation and to automatically cancel the minor’s participation in the competition if there is no justification for this authorisation.
- Access to the game: the game is accessible on computer (PC or Mac) on the website. https://strathena.fr via a recent Internet browser and on an Android or iPad tablet using the Strathena application, which can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play or App Store.
- The training phase of the competition, accessible to all high school students in a participating school, is open from February 6, 2019 at midnight to March 10, 2019 at midnight. All participants in an establishment are free to play, with no limit on the number of games played. Then, they will play against artificial intelligence at a game session “A”. They will discover their scores and rankings on computer. On March 10, 2019 at midnight, the Strathena game closes its access, pending its reopening to the 3 best players in each establishment.
- The organizers will select the best >3 players from each establishment, based on their respective scores. The organizers will nominate the top 3 players from each establishment on the basis of their respective scores and provide them with specific access to the game to enable them to participate in the qualification phase. In case of withdrawal of one of the 3 selected high school students, the 4th ranked high school student will be selected, and so on, in order to have a team of 3 players participating in the qualification phase.
- The Qualification Phase of the Competition, accessible to the 3 best high school students in each participating school, is open from March 11, 2019 at noon to March 24, 2019 at midnight. The competition will take place over two mandatory game sessions: session “A” and session “B”. Participation in the qualification phase provides access to additional resources: online strategy courses, tutorials and videos. The rules of the game specific to Strathena apply. On March 24, 2019 at midnight, and the access to the Strathena game is blocked in order to determine the finalists from among all participants.
- The announcement of the 4 finalist teams/establishments will take place no later than March 28, 2019. The scores of the best game played by each of the 3 participants from each establishment will be added together. The 4 best establishments will be selected to participate in the final. In case of withdrawal from an establishment, the establishment arrived in 5th position will be selected, and so on, in order to have 4 participating teams of 3 players each on the day of the final. Each team will have to nominate a team captain for the participation in the TV show on BFM Business.
- The final of the competition will take place on Saturday April 6, 2019 at Espace Charenton in Paris, within the Libsco fair, in real conditions and in public. For this final, session “C” will be played. The rules of the game specific to Strathena apply.
- Prizes and awards: The winning team is the one that obtains the highest score at the end of the time set by the referee.
a. A “Gold Strategist” certificate will be awarded to each member of the winning team and their institution; a “Silver Strategist” certificate will be awarded to the second team and its establishment; a “Bronze Strategist” certificate will be awarded to the third team and its establishment. A certificate of participation will be awarded to the last team and its establishment.
b. The team leaders of the 4 finalist teams will be invited to the set of the BFM Stratégie show on TV channel BFM Business hosted by Xavier Fontanet.
- Costs and computer equipment:
a. Any travel and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the participants.
b. The computer equipment and internet connection necessary for participation in the game are the responsibility of the participants during the training and qualification phases. For the final on April 6, 2019, the computer equipment necessary to participate in the game is the responsibility of the participants and the Internet connection is the responsibility of the organizer.
- In accordance with the law on the freedom of information and the GDPR (General Data Protection Régulation), participants will have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning them upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The organisers commit themselves not to provide the collected data (participating establishments, names of finalists, etc.) under any circumstances without their written authorisation.
- Any change of the competition and rules: The organisers reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition, if circumstances require it, without having to justify this decision and without their liability being engaged in any way as a result. Any change of the rules will be announced on the publication page of the operation, and will give rise to a new filing with the bailiff and will come into force as soon as it is put on line. Any participant will then be deemed to have accepted this change simply because of his participation in the competition from the date of entry into force of the said change.
- Responsibilities. The organizers’ responsibility is strictly limited to the delivery of the prizes and awards actually and validly won. It is expressly reminded that the Internet is not a secure network. The organisers cannot therefore be held responsible for contamination by possible viruses or intrusion by a third party into the system of the competition participants’ terminal and decline any responsibility for the consequences of connecting the participants to the network via the website https://strathena.fr/?lang=en.
In particular, the organisers cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the participants, their computer equipment and the data stored therein, as well as for any consequences that may result from this on their personal activity.
The organizers decline any responsibility in the event of malfunction of the Internet network, telephone lines, reception equipment preventing the proper conduct of the Competition.
The organisers can no longer be held responsible in the event that one or more participants are unable to connect to the website https://strathena.fr/?lang=en or play due to any problem or technical defect related in particular to network congestion.
The organizers may cancel all or part of the Competition if it appears that fraud has occurred in any form, including computer fraud in connection with participation in the Competition or the determination of the Winner. In this case, they reserve the right not to award the prizes to fraudsters and to prosecute them before the competent courts.
The organizers will make every effort to provide access to the competition on the website
https://strathena.fr/?lang=en at any time, without being under any obligation to do so. The organisers may, at any time, in particular for technical reasons, updating, maintenance, interrupt access the website https://strathena.fr and the competition. They will not be held responsible for these interruptions and their consequences.
- Litigation and jurisdiction. These rules are subject to French law. In case of a dispute or claim, for any reason whatsoever, requests must be sent in writing to the organisers within 2 (two) weeks after the end of the Competition.
Any dispute arising from this competition that cannot be settled by mutual agreement will be submitted to the competent courts of the City of Paris.
Submitted on February 6, 2019